Another recipe courtesy of our local organic produce delivery company! *Please* use homemade ranch dressing (you'll find plenty of good ranch dressing recipes on this site) and homemade tortillas (or good quality store bought without preservatives) for best results. Recipes tested: Flour Tortillas Diaz and Texas Ranch Dressing. The fresh cilantro was my addition although it is optional.
- 4 slices bacon or 4 slices tempeh bacon, cooked crisply
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, cleaned and spun dried
- 4 tablespoons red onions, diced small
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup homemade ranch dressing, approximately
- 4 (7 inch) flour tortillas (I made light whole wheat tortillas)
- Cook the bacon and set aside to drain. Once cooled, break up into little bits. Or, if you wish, arrange the bacon slices whole in the wraps.
- Divide and arrange the remaining ingredients including the bacon onto 4 tortillas.
- Roll up and eat! Or refrigerate, wrapped in plastic until ready to eat.
- Alternatively, the tortillas can be rolled up and cut up into 2" slices and served as an appetizer.
These were very good and very simple indeed. We used blue cheese dressing instead of ranch, but otherwise stuck with the recipe as written. Picture will be posted as soon as technical difficulties are ironed out! Made for 8th Photo Swap