Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook spinach according to package instructions and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a 9x13" baking pan (don't let it burn).
- Remove from oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients with spinach and mix well.
- Turn into pan with melted butter, stirring in butter and spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into large 3"x3" squares to serve as a side dish or 1 1/2" squares to serve as an appetizer.
This recipe was wonderful. I used 1/4 cup butter and will cut it down even further in the future as it was a bit greasy. It was a hit in my household.
This is really yummy! The only thing is that I wouldn't add any butter. The grease from the cheese was enough. I had to soak up the grease with a napkin. Otherwise, it was great! So quick and easy to make. Kind of like cross between scrambled eggs and an omlette. I liked the fact it was baked in a pan, so you could cut it out with a spatula. You could also add a can of mushrooms, or use different cheese. Plenty of variations. Thanks!
Really enjoyed this easy to do dish. I put it together in the morning and cooked it just before serving it. Great side dish.