Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from a friend after eating it at her house. I always gets requests to bring this dish to gatherings.Any type of cheese will work, but I prefer the cheese crumbles that are now available.Paul Newman brand salad dressing is my favorite for this salad. When taking it somewhere, I always have the ingredients prepared and mix it when I am ready to serve. This prevents it from becoming soggy.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, Drained
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, Cut in Halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (Your Choice)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, Cooked & Diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle red wine vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together half of the bottle of dressing with the brown sugar and vinegar. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.