Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy low-carb breakfast option!
- 16 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 slices lowfat swiss cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 5 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw and drain the frozen spinach. The spinach must be very dry!
- Tear the swiss cheese into small pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is spongy firm.
Did I do something wrong? Perhaps my baking dish was too big or the spinach wasn't dry enough, but this was flat, flat, flat. Way too much spinach (and I didn't use the entire amount of spinach indicated). Lost the flavor of the cheese, so I put a slice on top and added a little salt to make it edible.
Very good, not to mention its good visual appeal. It's a keeper.