Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Makes super easy, hearty and healthy dinner. Sometimes I like to do a combination of ricotta and cottage cheese. Serve with a green salad and warm bread.
Top Review by weekend cooker
They were good. They seemed a tad dry, but were still good. They still made for a good dinner last night. Made recipe exactly as posted, except cut down the salt to 1/8 teaspoon. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 6 -8 lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 15 1⁄2 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- Stir together spinach, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture along entire length of each noodle; roll up noodles.
- Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in a 8x8 (or 11x7) baking dish.
- Stand rolled noodles on end and slightly apart in dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over noodles.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Combine remaining cheeses, add to lasagne rolls.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.