Recipe by Patsy A.
I found this recipe on a can of spinach several years ago. It is very hearty and easy to make. I like using canned diced tomatoes instead of spaghetti sauce. The taste is much "cleaner".
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is good and comes together perfectly. The recipe is written perfectly. I bet you could also used frozen, chopped spinach or cooked fresh spinach as well for a more fresh spinach taste. I love the recipe, thanks!!!!!!!!
- 9 (2 inch) lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) canswhole spinach leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) package ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Cook meat with tomatoes in skillet over medium-high 7 minutes. Drain spinach well, squeezing out excess liquid, blend with ricotta cheese.
- Layer 3 noodles, ½ spinach mixture, 1/3 tomato mixture and 1/3 cheese in a 9 x 12-inch baking dish. Repeat, ending with noodles, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake at 350°, 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.