Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really wanted some dip, but we were out. I rummaged around in the pantry, and decided to try and make a spinach dip. I thought it was wonderful, and my 2 year old son liked it too - a great way to sneak in vegetables! I think I will try it as sandwich filling as well!
- 15 ounces spinach, squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (not powdery kind!)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make sure to squeeze as much liquid as possible from spinach.
- In a food processor, combined all ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- NOTE: It will not look creamy, in fact it will be very green still.
Nice tasty spinach dip! I used light mayo to cut the fat down a bit. Next time I'd add a bit of hot sauce too I think. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010.