Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something I made up to use some leftover spinach. They taste fantastic, are super easy, and even those who aren't big fans of spinach can enjoy! They also are easily modified for vegans (my sister enjoys Tofutti brand "better than cream cheese" which works very well in this recipe). This is my first attempt at posting a recipe, so please review and please excuse me if the recipe format looks odd.
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (or cream cheese alternative)
- 4 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and cooked (the small microwaveable packages work great for this)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (garlic flavored ones are excellent for this recipe)
- Let cream cheese soften, you can speed this along by microwaving it carefully in 10 second intervals.
- Combine cream cheese, spinach, and garlic salt, Just be sure to mix well.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate the rolls, then spread about 1 tbsp of the mixture all over each triangle.
- Roll the triangles up, and bake according to the directions on the package (usually this will be on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown, although these are quite tasty if slightly "doughy").
i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet! this is an EXCELLENT and EASY recipe if you're looking for an appetizer or something to complement a dish. it always looks and tastes elegant and impresses everyone... and it doesn't even take that much effort! i've prepared this several times now with the garlic crescent rolls for my vegetarian friends and will be making it once again for a vegetarian bridal shower that's happening tomorrow! thanks!!!