Recipe by Bayoaksprincess
This is something I made up to use some leftover spinach. They taste fantastic, are super easy, and even those who aren't big fans of spinach can enjoy! They also are easily modified for vegans (my sister enjoys Tofutti brand "better than cream cheese" which works very well in this recipe). This is my first attempt at posting a recipe, so please review and please excuse me if the recipe format looks odd.
Top Review by melissa.m.stern
Really really salty! A whole TBSP of garlic salt was way too much. Husband and I had a couple and guzzled down water, buy the toddler wouldn't take more than one bite. Next time, just a sprinkle of garlic salt.
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (or cream cheese alternative)
- 4 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and cooked (the small microwaveable packages work great for this)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (garlic flavored ones are excellent for this recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Let cream cheese soften, you can speed this along by microwaving it carefully in 10 second intervals.
- Combine cream cheese, spinach, and garlic salt, Just be sure to mix well.
- Open crescent roll dough and separate the rolls, then spread about 1 tbsp of the mixture all over each triangle.
- Roll the triangles up, and bake according to the directions on the package (usually this will be on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown, although these are quite tasty if slightly "doughy").