Recipe by PinkieB
I revamped a recipe I found to go with 16oz frozen spinach, less salt, change in cream of soup, and that I didn't own croutons.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great spinach! I used fresh spinach leaves for this. I just put the leaves in a skillet with the onion and covered until they wilted..... only about 1 or 2 minutes. I actually think that was easier than using frozen because there was no thawing or squeezing out water. This is a cheesy delicious casserole that I'll be making again for sure. Thanx!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach
- 1 medium egg (can use large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (4C brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out as much juice as you can. This will keep your casserole from being watery.
- Combine spinach, egg, salt, pepper, onion, cheese, and celery soup in a bowl.
- Spoon into a greased (with cooking spray) 2 quart pyrex dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil 30 to 35 minutes.