Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
This healthy grilled cheese sandwich is very quick and tasty. With the combination of mozzerella cheese, onions, carrots, crushed red pepper, and basil you are sure to spazzz up your taste buds!
- 2 slice whole wheat bread
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese (about a handful)
- 2 slice onions
- 3 baby carrots
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes (give or take a little)
- 0.25 ml basil (give or take a little)
- cooking spray
- Turn oven on to about medium high.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Put motzzerella cheese on bread.
- Then add onions (chopped), carrots (chopped into thin slices), basil and crushed red pepper
- Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Cook each side until golden brown.
Top marks for a great sandwich. I used organic carrots shaved into thin ribbons, red onion and fat free mozza. I pan grilled the sandwich with about 1/2 tsp of margarine on each side. It's really filling and the spice is so nice. Made for PAC, Spring 09.