1/2 Photos of Easy Spicy Vegetarian Chili
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This is a very thick chili. The bulgur almost takes on the colour, form/texture of ground meat. Excellent with fresh bread and a garden salad or as a meal itself. Freezes/reheats well. From Meal Lean i Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 473.18 ml red kidney beans, cooked (a 540ml can, drained)
- 473.18 ml chickpeas, cooked (a 540ml can, drained)
- 118.29 ml bulgur or 118.29 ml couscous, rinsed
- 796 ml diced tomatoes, canned
- 236.59 ml salsa, medium
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 14.79 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml canned corn niblet (frozen works well)
- 1Heat oil in a large pot, saute onions, peppers and garilc for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, saute 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except corn.
- 4Increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- 5Decrease heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in corn, simmer until heated through.
- 7Makes about 10 cups or 6-7 servings of 1 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spicy Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 528.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: