Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are all the rage on allrecipes.com, and so easy, too, that I had to post them here! Suggestions on allrecipes.com included adding an extra onion and mixing everything in a bowl instead of in the roasting pan. I can hardly wait to try them!
- 5 medium red potatoes, diced with peel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the potatoes and onions in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish so that they are evenly distributed. Season with garlic powder, salt and chili powder. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat potatoes and onions with oil and spices.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until potatoes are fork tender and slightly crispy. Stir every 10 minutes. When done, sprinkle with cheese. Wait about 5 minutes for the cheese to melt before serving.
DH raved about these potatoes---something he seldom does. I followed the suggestions of the other reviewers and pre-cooked the potatoes some before putting them in the oven (I microwaved mine), and I lined the baking pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
These were awesome and every bit as good as seasoned potatoes you would buy. I didn't have Garlic powder so instead of a tbsp. of Garlic powder and a tbsp. of kosher salt, I used 2 tbsp. of garlic salt. They were delicious! I would suggest lining your pan with aluminum foil as the onions carmelize and make quite a mess.
my sister & bro.in-law loved it, i boiled the potatoes about 5 min, before put them in the oven.