Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Can be made with mild flavoured meats and marinated vegetables as well. I find that Aurora brand Antipasto calabrese hot mixed vegetables work the best for this recipe.
- 1 Italian bread (8 - 10 inches)
- 1 (2 1/8 ml) jaritalian marinated vegetables in oil
- 1⁄2 lb hot genoa salami
- 1⁄4 lb mortadella
- 10 slices gouda cheese
- Cut loaf in horizontally, and hollow out the bread so the stuffing can fit inside. This also lowers your carb intake!
- Drain marinated vegetables and reserve oil.
- Brush reserved oil on both halves to thinly cover.
- Place under the broiler until both halves are slightly toasted, and remove.
- Layer salami, vegetables, cheese and then mortadella. Place top back on sandwich.
- Place in the oven at about 350 degrees until cheese is almost melted.
- Remove, cut in 4, and enjoy!
- It's even better the next day cold!
This sandwich was off the chain. My co-workers thoroughly enjoyed it. I made as written, but did add feta stuffed olives. green and black sliced olives. I will make this again. My store does not carry mortadella, so I used pickled olive loaf sliced meat.