Can be made with mild flavoured meats and marinated vegetables as well. I find that Aurora brand Antipasto calabrese hot mixed vegetables work the best for this recipe.
- Cut loaf in horizontally, and hollow out the bread so the stuffing can fit inside. This also lowers your carb intake!
- Drain marinated vegetables and reserve oil.
- Brush reserved oil on both halves to thinly cover.
- Place under the broiler until both halves are slightly toasted, and remove.
- Layer salami, vegetables, cheese and then mortadella. Place top back on sandwich.
- Place in the oven at about 350 degrees until cheese is almost melted.
- Remove, cut in 4, and enjoy!
- It's even better the next day cold!