Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This was prepared by my friend when we visited them in Singapore. The spicy flavor would want you to eat some more. You can reduce the chili used if you don't like it too hot. Easy to cook and your guests would think you had a hard time doing this.
- 300 g big shrimp (clean very well and drain)
- 3 tablespoons butter (the more the better-choose the low fat)
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 3 -4 chili peppers (the small pointed ones are the hottest)
- In a medium sized pan, heat the olive oil followed by the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, put the garlic. Followed by the chopped chili peppers.
- Once the pan is smoking, put in the shrimp, then add the sugar and the ketchup.
- Keep on turning the uncooked sides. In low fire, the shrimp will be ready when all has turned pink, or just about 3-4 minutes. Serve while hot.