Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The wings may be oven baked instead of grilling, this also works well using small chicken drumsticks instead of the wings although cooking time will need to be increased --- adjust the cayenne pepper to suit heat level, and the recipe may be doubled, this is easy and *ver* good!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings (separated at joints and tips discarded)
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup louisiana hot sauce (or use hot sauce of choice)
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust amount to suit taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set grill to high heat.
- Season the wings lightly with seasoned salt.
- Cook the wings 8-10 minutes on each side (cooking time will take slightly longer for larger pieces).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and mix in hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Place the wings in a large plastic container with a lid.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked wings and toss using hands fitted with rubber gloves or seal and shake the container to coat the wings with the sauce.