Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is inspired by Luby's "Chicken Lazone" My version is just as Spicy & Delicious as the original, but lower in fat and uses a less expensive cut of chicken. Serve with rice and a nice cucumber salad to cool off the palate.
- 5 chicken leg quarters, cut in half, skin removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (more if you like it really spicy)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a light coating of olive oil over bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- Skin chicken leg quarters and cut into legs and thighs.
- Place chicken pieces in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Yummy chicken dish! I loved the seasonings and thought that the turmeric was a great addition. This was a simple dish - the hardest thing about it was skinning the chicken, lol. Thanks for sharing this great dish bakedapple42. Made for Spring PAC 2011.