- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rum
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds and membranes removed, finely minced
- 1 lb chicken breast, 1-inch wide strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, sugar, spices, rum, and pepper.
- Place chicken slices in a zippered plastic baggie and add marinade. Squeeze air out of the bag, zipper shut and massage marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat non-stick pan. Cook chicken on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- If serving with vegetables: remove chicken from pan and keep warm in a 170 degree oven. Saute vegetables until desired consistency and then add chicken. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve over rice.