Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, low fat chicken fajita recipe with tons of spice and flavor! I have tweaked it over the past several months and have it the way my fiance and I love it. Any of the spices can be tweaked or omitted to suit your family's preferences. Good served with Spanish or Mexican rice and chips with salsa. I feel it's bold and absolutely delicious.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 soft tortillas, whole wheat
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings (or 2 small)
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, low sodium (or more depending on how much sauce you want)
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Season thawed chicken breasts with S&P on both sides.
- In large skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and peppers until browned. (You may have to add a little more oil or cooking spray).
- Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth (eyeball it) and fajita seasoning.
- Slice chicken and add to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve fajita mixture on warm tortillas with toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc.).