Theresa P's Note:
A great vegetarian everyday recipe! So easy and GOOD! This is a quick fix dish, when there isn't a lot of time, or you don't want to fuss. Just add a salad or some fruit to complete your meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml uncooked instant rice (Minute Rice)
- 473.18 ml water
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 453.59 g can vegetarian baked beans, undrained
- 311.84 g can mexicorn, drained
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- 2Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes (until liquid is absorbed).
- 3Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, and salsa.
- 4Top with grated cheese.
- 5Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes more until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Spicy Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 878.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g