Theresa P's Note:
A great vegetarian everyday recipe! So easy and GOOD! This is a quick fix dish, when there isn't a lot of time, or you don't want to fuss. Just add a salad or some fruit to complete your meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml uncooked instant rice (Minute Rice)
- 473.18 ml water
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 453.59 g can vegetarian baked beans, undrained
- 311.84 g can mexicorn, drained
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- 2Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes (until liquid is absorbed).
- 3Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, and salsa.
- 4Top with grated cheese.
- 5Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes more until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Spicy Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 878.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g