Recipe by Theresa P
A great vegetarian everyday recipe! So easy and GOOD! This is a quick fix dish, when there isn't a lot of time, or you don't want to fuss. Just add a salad or some fruit to complete your meal!
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice (Minute Rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes (until liquid is absorbed).
- Stir in the beans, corn, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes more until heated through and cheese is melted.