Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the easiest spice cake you will ever make. I got this from the back of a McCormick allspice tin.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine cake mix with spices.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box.
- Bake according to cake mix directions on the box.
- Frost with your favorite icing or frosting.
I used a lemon cake mix. I tasted the batter, and wasn't sure the amount of spices would be enough. Was I surprised when I had some of the cake! It was just wonderful. All the flavors came through beautifully. This is a really good way to enhance a cake mix. Thanks for posting. Made for My-3-Chefs, November 2009.