So easy this should be illegal. The only caveat, if you can call it that, is you need an ingredient most gringos do not usually have. I’m not even too sure what it does but it lends a little something that I otherwise could not achieve. Get Sazón Goya in the Hispanic isle at your local store. Small box with 10 or so packets of this spice blend.
- Rinse brown rinse and drain.
- In a small sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the rice for a few minutes in the oil.
- Add the cumin and Sazón Goya and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a slow simmer and cover for about 1 hour. Check after 50 minutes due to stove differences. There should be a small amount of liquid left.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let stand for a few minutes to absorb the rest of the liquid.