1/1 Photo of Easy Spanish Rice
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Jeff S's Note:
So easy this should be illegal. The only caveat, if you can call it that, is you need an ingredient most gringos do not usually have. I’m not even too sure what it does but it lends a little something that I otherwise could not achieve. Get Sazón Goya in the Hispanic isle at your local store. Small box with 10 or so packets of this spice blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse brown rinse and drain.
- 2In a small sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Sauté the rice for a few minutes in the oil.
- 4Add the cumin and Sazón Goya and mix well.
- 5Add the chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce to a slow simmer and cover for about 1 hour. Check after 50 minutes due to stove differences. There should be a small amount of liquid left.
- 7Remove from heat, uncover and let stand for a few minutes to absorb the rest of the liquid.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: