Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can adjust the heat level in this easy spanish rice recipe. It is from Simple & Delicious.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry enchilada mix
- 1 cup picante sauce
- In large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in rice and sauce mix.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in picante sauce.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
As a spanish rice I would have given this 3 stars but combined with other things it has been great. There are just two of us so this was alot of rice. We also paired this with scrambled eggs and tortillas for breakfast - good. I made enchiladas the next night and put some in with the meat - good.