Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, almost foolproof way to cook a vegetarian version of Spanish Rice. Can be served as a dish in its own right or as a side dish to other food.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- Brown rice, then onions and pepper in oil.
- Place mix in saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Simmer until the rice is cooked.
This was so easy. I've tried making spanish rice before (I don't care for the packaged mix) but the rice itself never turns out right. So I used minute rice with this and yummy!