Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This couldn't be easier, yet has Old World taste! Freeze a loaf to have one on hand at all times. Just thaw it, warm it, and it tastes like fresh-baked.
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the onion, mixing just until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden. Cool before removing from the pan.