1/2 Photos of Easy Spaghetti Squash Casserole
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Aduladi's Note:
Easy and delicious spaghetti squash casserole. It can be made low carb, and gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 spaghetti squash (med-smallish)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced or diced)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1/2 lb ground beef (optional)
- 1/2 cup Italian sausage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter (may use just oil if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese or 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1 scoop sour cream or 1 scoop Greek yogurt
- 11. Cut spaghetti squash in half (length wise). Scoop out seed from center. Put in baking pan cut side down. Pour in 2 cups water (enough to cover bottom of pan plus a little). Cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for approximately one hour - depending on size. Test for doneness with a fork. Fork should pierce the squash easily. (if you like your squash less done then cook accordingly).
- 22. When done take fork/spoon and scrape out the fibers of the squash. Drain well to get rid of liquid.
- 3WHILE SQUASH IS BAKING:
- 43. Brown up ground beef and Italian sausage. Drain. Set aside.
- 5WHILE SQUASH IS BAKING ABOUT 1/2 WAY THROUGH (@30 MIN MARK):.
- 64. Dice up onions and mushrooms.
- 75. Sautee onion in butter/oil. When onions start to brown add mushrooms. When done add in spaghetti sauce and/or fire roasted tomatoes. Heat til warm. Remove from heat.
- 86. Mix in baked squash, ground beef, sausage and parmesan cheese. Transfer to baking dish. Top with 1 cup. shredded cheese.
- 97. Bake 350 until cheese is melted and slightly browning. About 1/2 hour.
- 108. Remove from oven serve. Serve with spoonful of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 735.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: