Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This has got to be the best Spagetti Squash recipe i have made. AND super easy!
- Boil a large pot of water enough to cover the spagetti squash.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into 4 pieces.
- Season with whatever you want, i used garlic salt and onion powder.
- Once boiling add the squash, onions, garlic and butter.
- Cook for 20 min covered.
- Remove and separate spaghetti from the skin.
I had high hopes for this recipe. It just didn't acheive what I was hoping for. For those who have never opened a spaghetti squash, make sure you use a sharp knife. The rind can be difficult to cut through. Although not mentioned in the recipe, I did clean out the seeds and strings that are inside. I liberally sprinkled the "meat" of the squash with seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder. I used exactly the amount of fresh onion, garlic and butter for the water. The cooking time was spot on. Despite the seasoning, we found the spaghetti squash bland. (I think it all washed off into the water and didn't infuse the squash as we had hoped.) We ended up adding more seasoned salt and some parmesan before serving. Made for PAC Spring 2012.