Recipe by MandyJ
This is the easiest recipe. It is made for people who buy their sauce at the store. You can even do this if you haven't had your morning coffee yet.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté first 5 ingredients in a fry pan.
- Add a little oil if needed.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- You can cook on the stove and simmer for and hour to and hour and a half if you don't have a slow cooker.