Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple, easy Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce. I have never bought bottle sauce again. This is a versatile recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain grease.
- 2. Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and I am so glad I did. Like ChefDLH said this is a thicker sauce but very tasty. DH gobbled his down and would like this again. I did add a pinch of sugar which I do with any tomato sauce. Served with a green salad and garlic bread. Thank you for posting.
This is a delicious sauce. A thicker, chunky, cling to the pasta type of sauce. It was gone in a flash. We enjoyed it and would make again. Served with rolls and green salad. Definitely makes the house smell wonderful too. Thanks for posting cle0369. Enjoy! ChefDLH