Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, fast supper. Add meat if you like.
Make and share this Easy Spaghetti Marinara recipe from Food.com.
- Cook spaghetti according to box directions, drain well.
- Meanwhile, in lg saucepan, over med heat, saute garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, onion, tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add basil, serve over spaghetti.
I had some leftover pasta noodles last night and threw this sauce together. It tasted wonderful and only took me 5 min of work. I am usually pretty fussy on my sauce and dont care for canned sauces at all. This will be a new favorite for days when I dont want to spend all day making my normal sauce. I put the basil in with the tomatoes while boiling. I didnt read the recipe correctly but it turned out great.
This is a great recipe - quick and delicious. After bringing it to a boil, I added the meatballs which I made using the Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe by Charmie777 and then simmered it for about 30 minutes. Yummy!
This has become a family favorite. It goes together very easily, and has a light, fresh taste that we really enjoy. It is also the only marinara I've ever had that doesn't give me killer heartburn! I saute the onions with the garlic, I like that flavor better.