Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A co-worker gave me the basic recipe and I made a few changes to make it super easy. It has been a pot luck favorite. I prefer Angel Hair pasta but regular spaghetti noodles can be used. Also, using Italian Sausage instead of hamburger or Mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar may make this recipe more to your tastes. As my grand kids say, "This is yummy grandma". Thanks Henry and Janet for a winner!
- 3⁄4 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) cottage cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Break pasta into 2 inch pieces and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, Parmesan cheese, sour cream & cottage cheese.
- Add pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Put pasta mixture in a lightly greased 9X13 pan.
- Mix spaghetti sauce and cooked hamburger.
- Spread on top of the pasta mixture.
- Bake in 375 degree over for 30-45 minutes until hot and set in the middle.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was so easy to do. I made half recipe and used whole milk ricotta because I didn't have cottage cheese. Should have mad the full recipe though! Next time I am going to try it with a penne or even a rigatoni. Thanks Barb-j! Made for PAC 2011