Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very tasty dish that I've had lots of compliments on, even tho I cheat and use jarred sauce (shhh)...I think the slow simmering of the flavorful meatballs really makes this taste homemade all the way!!! This makes a lot, so I usually use the leftovers to make meatball subs.
- 2 (30 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Place sauce in a large saucepan and simmer over medium heat.
- In large bowl mix beef, eggs, crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and Parmesan.
- Shape into 18 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in simmering sauce.
- When sauce returns to a simmer, cover and cook 30-35 minutes (or more!) till cooked through.
- Serve sauce and meatballs over warm spaghetti.
Thank you for this great 5-Star recipe! I hadn't made spaghetti & meatballs for over 25 yrs. because it took too much time & effort. This recipe is so quick & easy I can't help but make it often. I added a bit of chopped onion and just a tiny bit of chopped garlic, instead of a whole clove the 2nd time I made this recipe. I used my cookie scoop to shape the meatballs & it made things go even quicker.
I made this one night when there was practically nothing left to eat in the house. My husband loved them! **Edited/updated** I have made these several times now, and although I like the easiness of simmering them in the sauce, we just don't like how oily it gets from the beef. The flavor is delicious, though! I always bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes and drain the fat off - then I add them to the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for this tasty and easy-to-make recipe! I had never made meatballs before because I thought they were too much work but this recipe seemed to do the trick and I made them this past week...they were excellent! Thank you!