Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple marinade with two hours of fridge time before cooking. Excellent in pocket bread or over rice.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon wine
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, garlic and sugar.
- Put chicken pieces into the mixture and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- When ready cook peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Remove from skillet and cook chicken pieces in 3 tablespoon oil.
- When the chicken is cooked, add water to it and stir to thicken.
- Return vegetables to the chicken in skillet and serve in Pita pockets or with rice.
Great tasting and easy meal! My husband loved this. The only thing I didn't add to this was the sherry, personally I didn't miss it much, maybe cause I don't cook with it enough. My husband wants more juice next time but I think it turned out great. We served it over riceThanks for a great easy recipe!