Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great weeknight supper for when you're in a hurry. Use the pasta of your choice.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts or 3 small boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peppers and onions, strips thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package vermicelli, cooked
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir together sour cream and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions, salsa and seasonings and continue to stir-fry 4 more minutes.
- Add sour cream mixture and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens; make sure chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve vermicelli topped with the sauce and sprinkled with cilantro.
I thought it was a great dish. I made it last week and I spiced it up a little too much, but it was still great. Thanks.
This was very good! We just put it over macaroni as that's what we had.I used fresh peppers and added shredded cheddar cheese to the plates.
Fantastic recipe. The flavours are wonderful. Just the sort of thing you simply can't put down. I didn't add the cumin, because it doesn't like me, and I didn't have the frozen peppers and onions. I used a small vidalia onion and some sweet red peppers. I also added some chives for some extra colour. I will be making this again often. Thanks Echo....very much.