Recipe by the80srule
What I imagine southwestern macaroni would taste like...a little twist on classic mac n cheese, if you will. Feel free to make your own cheese sauce and spice it however you'd like, but the point of this recipe is being too lazy to do so. :D
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 2 cups four-cheese mexican blend shredded cheese (divide into 1-cup portions)
- 2 cups nacho chips
- red cayenne pepper, to garnish
- cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to box instructions (probably about 8 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the macaroni with the cheese soup first.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and Mexi-corn.
- Add the 1 cup cheese, Mexi-corn, and beans, fully blend.
- Pour into an ungreased casserole dish, and top with the remaining cup of cheese and crushed nacho chips and sprinkles of red cayenne. Add some cilantro if you like.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown on top .
- Goes great with nacho chips and salsa, sour cream, and maybe some guacamole (although I'm not a fan of it, some friends of mine enjoy it.).