Recipe by Joe Smith 2.0
This easy to make cornbread is kicked up a notch with great southwestern flavors.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Mexicorn, the diced chiles, the milk and the egg. Add the corn muffin mix and stir until just combined.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the cornbread mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.