Recipe by shawnajean
I got this recipe from Diabetes Control for Life website this is a one serving size since no one in my family will try anything healthy. The nutritional value is different on the original website than on RecipeZaar.
- 3 tablespoons brown rice, cooked
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium black beans, canned
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice with water according to package directions.
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken strips in skillet for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Stir in seasoning mix, drained beans, corn, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is lightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, wash tomato and cut into thin slices. Arrange on a plate and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice with tomato slices on the side.