Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- In skillet, brown meat and stir until crumbly; drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and blend well.
- In small bowl combine broth and flour.
- Addd to meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil to thicken slightly.
- Stir in sour cream and chiles.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- Place 1/2 of chips.
- Top with 1/2 of beef mixture, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of green onions.
- Repeat layers ending with green onions.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or till hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.