Recipe by gailanng
Chops with southwestern appeal.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We really enjoyed these delicious pork chops smothered in a wonderful sauce of tomatoes and green chilies. They were so moist and tender that you could cut them with a fork. We will definitely make this dish again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g diced green chilies, chopped
- 2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops on both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter. Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and pour off all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in flour, breaking up browned bits.
- Place chops back into the skillet and add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.