Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chops with southwestern appeal.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g diced green chilies, chopped
- 2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml sugar
- salt and pepper
- Season chops on both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter. Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and pour off all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in flour, breaking up browned bits.
- Place chops back into the skillet and add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
We really enjoyed these delicious pork chops smothered in a wonderful sauce of tomatoes and green chilies. They were so moist and tender that you could cut them with a fork. We will definitely make this dish again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.