Recipe by gailanng
Chops with southwestern appeal.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We really enjoyed these delicious pork chops smothered in a wonderful sauce of tomatoes and green chilies. They were so moist and tender that you could cut them with a fork. We will definitely make this dish again! Made for Everyday is a Holiday, November, 2011.
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, chopped
- 2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops on both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter. Brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and pour off all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in flour, breaking up browned bits.
- Place chops back into the skillet and add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.