Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Weber's Big Book of Grilling
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 -7 lbs meaty pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat (3-4 slabs)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- Make the marinade: In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients with ½ cup water; mix well.
- Brush the marinade on the ribs, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Make the sauce: in a small saucepan, combine the mustard and barbecue sauce; bring to a boil, stirring; decrease heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; pour some of the sauce in a small bowl to use for basting the ribs.
- Let ribs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Set up grill for indirect grilling on medium heat (grill rack should be scraped and oiled).
- Grill, rib side down, over indirect medium heat for 1 ½ -2 hours, until the meat is very tender and has pulled back from the ends of the bones.
- During the last 20 minutes of grilling time, baste generously with the small bowl of sauce.
- Remove from grill; let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into individual ribs.
- Serve warm with remaining sauce on the side.