Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
While the sourdough bread was rising, I decided to cook a big breakfast. I had that extra sourdough starter that I always have after mixing up the loaves. I looked up sourdough biscuits on Zaar and then it dawned on me that I could probably just use the BISQUICK that I had just made. Anyway, I'm making a short story long -- again -- they turned out great!
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bisquick (I used homemade)
- Mix together.
- knead gently on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and cut out biscuits (I use a jelly jar glass).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
This is great! I use a homemade biscuit mix, and the biscuits come out light and fluffy. Plus it is SO very easy.