Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe ALWAYS comes through! Everyone always loves it and when I give the bread as a gift, I’m always asked for the recipe! It’s easy to make, doubles well AND freezes well! The *secret* to a super moist and flavorful bread is to use the sour cream (generous portions) AND to use very ripe (we’re talking black on the outside and super soft and aromatic on the inside) bananas! I make the bread as loaves, large muffins and mini-muffins and each turns out perfectly yummy! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (generous tablespoons)
- 3 large bananas (Very ripe, black & soft)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together & place in a pan that has been prepared with butter and flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – bake 30-45 minutes depending on pan used. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Makes 2 small or 1 large loaves.
- No alterations required for high altitude except to increase cooking time.
Way too much sugar for my taste, so I cut it down to 1/2 cup, added a little extra vanilla and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Also, instead of sour cream I used greek yogurt. Thanks for the base recipe though, it was a great starting point!
This was very easy and moist. Thanks for posting. I loved it. I used only 1 cup of sugar and added a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips!
This had everything I was looking for to use up the old banana I had laying around. Moist, full of flavor and easy to put together. Can't wait to share it with friends, thanks so much for posting.