Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
There is nothing like a bowl of chicken soup to warm your heart, comfort you on a chilly night, or feed a cold! This is such a fast and easy soup to make, perfect for a weekday or weekend meal (or, if you have a cold, it is even easy enough to make for yourself, for a little TLC). It's a great way to use leftover chicken, and a real comfort food! Feel free to use a little less, or a little more, garlic, depending on your taste. You may also leave out the green chilies, but I think it is a nice addition, and it does not make it too spicy.
- 3 cups leftover cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced finely
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced bottled garlic or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence or 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes, non-dissolved
- 6 cups water
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Mix all ingrediants in large saucepan, adding water and chicken boullion cubes last.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 40 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve while hot.