Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
A really simple recipe!
Top Review by The Portugarians
I made this tonight because the family is tired of rice and we had some bulgur wheat left over from another salad we made.
I decided to saute the onions in a tiny bit of butter for about 2 minutes before adding the broth and salt. I only had beef bullion cubes so I used that instead of vegetable.
Mine needed to be cooked a tad longer after the 10 minute resting time. When I took off the lid there was some liquid at the bottom still. I might have had the heat on too low.
Anyway, the end result was incredibly delicious! We had it with garlic rosemary pork chops done on the grill and steamed broccoli. The flavors together were just perfect. We will definitely hold onto this recipe to make again!
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine vegetable stock, salt and onion.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the bulgar, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Turn heat off, let sit for 10 minutes before removing lid.
- Fluff, stirring with fork, combining the onions that rose to the top.
- You may use right away, if not, let cool the refrigerate.