Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yum - these fun pretzels allow children to use their imagination, since they shape them into numbers and letters or other shapes. No boiling these pretzels! From Easy Recipes for Kids.
- Separate thawed bread into 24- 1 1/2" balls.
- Roll each ball into a rope 14 1/2" long.
- Have children plan and design pretzel shapes (letters or numerals).
- Put pretzels one inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Let stand for 20 minutes and brush with combined egg white and water.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place a shallow pan containing 1" of boiling water on bottom rack of oven; bake pretzels at 350 degrees on rack above water for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Taste just like a biscuit but fun for kids.