http://easydinnerrecipes.ca/snickerdoodle-cookie.html A recipe for old-fashioned snickerdoodle cookies. Sweet and buttery cookies with the flavor of cinnamon. Perfect as a holiday gift.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Roll the cookie dough into balls and set aside.
- For the coating: Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl. Dip each dough ball into this mixture so that it gets coated evenly.
- Now place the dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Bake these cookies till the edges start turning brown. This will ensure that they are crisp outside and chewy and soft inside.
I made these for my Dad, who is a bad diabetic. I used Splenda instead of sugar and the response was awesome. My whole family couldn't stop eating them even with artificial sweetener. Great recipe that I now have added to my cookbook that is made from all our family's traditional recipes. It is now a family fav with the original recipe and my modified version. Thank you.
i thought these cookies turned out perfectly! i was surprised at how much the recipe made. i am very satisfied and will keep making these cookies.
Easy, just as the recipe titles states. And oh so good. Snickerdoodles are such a classic coookie that everyone in my household enjoys, and this recipe surely did not disappoint any of us. They were very good, and such a soft cookie, full of cinnamon flavor. Thanks, tastetester #2. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.