For my husband. Note: I use Good Season's Italian Dressing recipe for the seasoning
Make and share this Easy Smothered Chicken Cutlet recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat
- Place pounded chicken breasts on flat surface.
- Sprinkle one side of each with some of the seasoning.
- When oil is hot, place chicken, seasoned side down, in pan.
- Sprinkle some more seasoning on top of chicken.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- In same pan, saute peppers/mushrooms until softened.
- Sprinkle remaining seasoning on vegetables.
- Pour tomato sauce over and simmer until hot.
- Remove chicken from oven and divide vegetable mixture over meat.
- Serve hot.
I actually made one serving as stated, and served with spaghetti for dh. For my version, I omitted the tomato sauce completely, and just topped my chicken with the vegetables. I should mention that I seasoned my chicken and gave it a quick dusting in flour before browning. Both versions were a winner! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Feb'10.
Easy and delicious! I used portabella mushrooms, homemade tomato sauce, and a mixture of garlic powder, basil, oregano, and pepper for the Italian seasoning. I used Andi's suggestion to add some fresh spinach. It was really good! Thanks for sharing!
So easy, it takes just minutes to make. This whole delicious taste goes with the fast meal. No need to ever go out and go through a drive through again. Not if you can get this delicious dinner/meal on the table before you know it. I didn't have any green pepper, so just doubled the red pepper. Added fresh spinach, and bit of bread, and was all set to go. Absolutely delicious! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* January 2010