Top Review by Sweet PQ?
I actually made one serving as stated, and served with spaghetti for dh. For my version, I omitted the tomato sauce completely, and just topped my chicken with the vegetables. I should mention that I seasoned my chicken and gave it a quick dusting in flour before browning. Both versions were a winner! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Feb'10.
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 8 ounces brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix, divided (see note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat
- Place pounded chicken breasts on flat surface.
- Sprinkle one side of each with some of the seasoning.
- When oil is hot, place chicken, seasoned side down, in pan.
- Sprinkle some more seasoning on top of chicken.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- In same pan, saute peppers/mushrooms until softened.
- Sprinkle remaining seasoning on vegetables.
- Pour tomato sauce over and simmer until hot.
- Remove chicken from oven and divide vegetable mixture over meat.
- Serve hot.