Recipe by Aroostook
This is an easy way to cook a less tender or wild cut of meat... and makes its own gravy. Great for a family dinner or may be easily increased if putting on a meal for large groups of 50-100.
Top Review by Shawn C
Absolutly fabulous! I used a whole venison loin and added a can of mushrooms and a beef bouillion cube and a lipton onion/mushrooms soup mix. next time I think I will add even more water since by the 3 hour mark it had greatly reduced. Instead of sliced onions I used a minced onion (that is what I had in the fridge). Thanks so much we had it with mashed potatoes and it was wonderful! Looking forward to the next itme I get to make it!
- 3 -4 lbs roast
- 3 lbs onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge roast in flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat dutch oven or other large covered baking dish.
- On the stovetop, brown roast in margarine.
- Add water enough to cover roast.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix and onion slices.
- Place in 350 F oven for 3 1/2 hour covered or follow crock pot instructions for roast of this size.
- Serve w/ baked potatoes and green peas.